At R&R Country, we pride ourselves in providing a high standard hat fitting service. We are a recognised BETA qualified stockist of riding hats.
This means that we are qualified by BETA to give advice on both the fit of safety products and whether products are manufactured to the latest safety standard.
How old is your riding hat? Have you had any falls whilst wearing it? Does it still comply with the standards of your chosen discipline?
Get it checked! There's no escaping the inherent dangers that horse riding poses, therefore, as riders we must do our utmost to keep ourselves safe. Hat safety is of paramount importance and as a BETA qualified stockist of riding hats, we want to ensure our customers have a correctly fitting hat.
Not sure if you need a new hat? Bring in your current riding hat for a free check by our qualified members of staff:
- Is it up to current standards?
- Does it still fit?
Discuss your needs and make sure your hat is still performing the job you bought it for with our fully trained staff.
Some Interesting Hat Facts:
- After being subjected to a severe blow a hat should be replaced, even though there may be no visible damage - this also includes dropping it onto a hard surface.
- Hats should be replaced at least every 5 years
- The BSI Kitemark checks one of every 200 helmets from a batch of 800 to 3,200 before they will issue an approval label. If the helmets don’t pass the standard then the whole batch must be destroyed
- When helmets are tested, they are traditionally checked by measuring the peak acceleration of a helmeted steel head form falling onto a steel surface
Please note it is our policy to only fit riding hats and body protectors on the intended day of purchase. This is due to safety items and hats varying in how they fit, even within the same size and brand. Getting the correct size of hat for your head is crucial in ensuring it provides maximum protection and comfort. Having your hat professionally fitted by one of our specially trained staff ensures you have exactly the right hat and fit.
It is recommended that online purchases of riding hats are only done where the rider is simply replacing an old hat (that was correctly fitted) with a like-for-like purchase, but even then we would recommend that riders are fitted each time they purchase a new hat, to make absolutely certain they purchase the correct size for them.
If you have any questions regarding a fitting of a hat or body protector, we’re more than happy to help, call us on 01757 638555.