We all want the best for our furry friends, and a good night's sleep is not only important to us but also our dogs. So choosing the right bed for your dog is extremely important.
If you take the time to watch your dog sleeping you will notice they can lay in all different types of positions. Whether your dog likes to spread out and stretch or likes to curl up and bury there are many factors to take into consideration when choosing the perfect bed for your dog.
There are many different types of beds on the market all varying in; Size, shape and materials.
Here are our top tips on how to find the perfect bed for your dog:
Choosing the right size:
The size of the bed you choose depends on the size of your dog, it should be big enough for your dog to be able to stretch and move around freely. If you have a large breed like a Great Dane you will need to go for the largest option of bed but if you have a small toy breed like a Chihuahua you will want to go for a more small compact bed.
- Scruffs Ellen Mattress from £22.00 - The Scruffs Ellen mattress comes in various different sizes depending on the size of your dog. The mattress' sleep area has been lined with a luxurious plush fur, providing warmth & comfort.
- Scruffs Windsor Dog Bed from £20.00 - The Scruffs Windsor dog bed comes in four different size options. The round edges provide support and comfort for your dog.
Choosing the right shape:
Whether you have a dog that likes to spread out or loves to curl up, you will need to take into consideration the shape of the bed you choose. For dogs that like to spread and stretch a mattress is a good option, where as an oval bed is perfect for those dogs that like to curl up all snug.
- Scruffs Chester Divan Mattress from £25.00 - Luxurious, super-soft and provides a snug but spacious environment for your dog.
- Scruffs Balmoral Oval Bed from £20.00 - The sleep area of this bed is lined with a super-soft plush fabric providing a snug, comfy environment for your dog to dose.
Choosing the right material:
If you have a dog that loves getting wet and muddy you may want to go for a water resistant bed that is going to be easily washable and won't get ruined in the matter of minutes!
- Rosewood Water Resistant Mattress from £12.00 - This water resistant mattress is extremely practical for using at home or even travelling.
- Weatherbeeta Patterned Stag Pillow Dog Bed from £23.00 - The bed comes with a Water resistant outer that's easy to wipe down, it is also Machine washable at 30 degrees on a gentle cycle.
There are various different types of dog beds that can also be suitable for dogs with special requirements. For older dogs that may suffer from joint pain and find it difficult getting in and out of a standard bed you may want to consider more of a memory foam bed that will offer more support to your older dog.
- Scruffs Milan Memory Foam Box Bed £22.00 - The Scruffs Milan pet bedding collection forms part of the MEMORY series of orthopedic dog beds. These beds are ideally suited to older dogs, larger breeds or dogs that require more support for their joints, back or body.
- Snug and Cosy Memory Foam Dog Mat from £30.00 - This luxury memory foam mattress comes in various different sizes so is the perfect option for those larger breeds. It offers support for joints, and is ideal for older dogs that suffer with arthritis.
Looking to treat your dog this festive period? You can also add a bit of festivity to your home with a Christmas dog bed. Not only are these super cosy and comfortable for your dog but they can also act as a perfect decoration for your home.
- Scruffs Santa Paws Box Bed from £30.00 - This Box bed is super warm and cosy for those dogs that like to curl up.
- Scruffs Santa Paws Mattress from £25.00 - The Scruffs mattress is perfect for those larger dogs that like to spread out. The mattress is filled with PET fibre for added comfort and insulation.
When you have chosen the perfect bed for your dog it is also extremely important to think about the best place to have the bed in your home. The bed should be placed somewhere that the dog feels comfortable and can get the best night's sleep!