R&R Country has over 23 years’ experience within the equestrian and country industry and is dedicated to providing our customers with quality products at competitive prices to ensure you get great value for money. Starting with a store in Hemingbrough, North Yorkshire, we have since grown into Yorkshire’s largest equestrian and country superstore and have a second store at Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire plus a large ecommerce site.
Open 7 days a week, our stores are packed with the latest equestrian and country clothing, safety wear, footwear, saddlery, horse wear, feed, pet products, gifts and much more.
The 'trainee buyer' will be an integral part of our business and requires an analytical, logical and problem solving approach. You will be passionate about our products and thrive from a fast-paced environment. Working closely alongside a supportive and knowledgeable management team, you will be assisting with the trading of the store, maximising profit and looking at opportunities to influence margins.
This is a Full-Time position (40 hours per week) working 5 days out of 7 on a rota basis. The successful candidate will need to live within a daily commute of the Selby store. Occasional UK travel will also be required. Interviews are taking place ASAP therefore if you have the relevant skills and attributes for this role, please apply today!
Duties and responsibilities:
- Generate purchase orders based on replenishment levels and branch sales activity
- Provide assistance in the buying of new ranges through supplier visits, road shows and trade shows
- Take accountability for seasonal sales analysis and effectively report back on findings
- Responsibility for ensuring all stock amendments are communicated to internal and external teams
- Influence and negotiate bulk buying costs with suppliers
- Ensure the company’s relationships with suppliers are successfully managed and developed
- Use initiative to look for ways to support the store manager and web team to perform their roles i.e. promotional activities
- Liaise with accounting team to ensure new lines/collections are purchased within agreed budgets
- Constantly monitoring and reviewing store and web performance in order to increase profit
Your skills and experience:
- Ideally have working experience in a junior buyer/merchandiser or assistant role
- Retail experience and/or knowledge in the equestrian & country sector would be highly desirable
- Strong commercial acumen and a proactive, go-getter attitude
- Highly numerate and analytical with an emphasis on accuracy
- Desire to develop a long-term career within Buying/Merchandising
- The ability to prioritise effectively and work both as a team and independently
- Excellent communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong organisational and administrative, and computer skills to include proficiency in the following: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Internet Explorer, Outlook,
- Full flexibility to work on a rotating shift roster (5 out of 7 days) including weekends and bank holidays
- Occasional travel to trade and supplier shows is required
In return for your commitment to this role you will be working for an employer who provides staff with:
- Free onsite parking
- Competitive basic salary
- Staff discount
- Supportive and friendly team
If you are interested in this position please apply today by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent